Monday, October 25, 2004

Halloween Hi-Jinks

Ah yes, it's that time of year. Time for rubber bugs and plastic goo and generally scaring people. I'm slacking this year... last year I had a giant furry black spider with glowing red eyes (and when I say "giant" I mean at least 2 feet legspan) that I hid in people's chairs or under people's desks. I had many a good chuckle over the squeals of disgust, especially from the admins. Now I have to come up with something for Musketeer #1. I was going office to office, handing out the coupons a local pizza place sent me- I was going to just put them in the kitchen, but when I realized Nutjob would just take them all, I decided to hand them out. When I got to Musketeer #1's office, he asked if I could help him with something on his computer.

Me: Sure, what's up?

Musketeer #1: Could you look at this and tell me what it says? It's in German.

Me: Oh great, you're testing me now. Sure.

He clicked on a video file and a serene scene appeared, with a car driving down a winding road. I assumed it was a car commercial. I was leaning kind of close, to be sure I heard it all. Lo and behold, a very dead-looking zombie type thing popped up and screamed. Loudly. I jumped about a mile. As much as I love Halloween, I am a big wuss when it comes to zombies. So my instinctive reaction, after I recovered my composure, was to call him a fuckhead. Then I left his office in order to finish my oh-so-important task of distributing pizza coupons. (Hey, they're $3 off, not bad). When I got back to my desk, Musketeer #1 and #2 were still laughing about it.

Musketeer #2: SilentWitness, did I hear you swear a moment ago?

Me: No, I didn't swear.

Musketeer #1: Not unless you consider "you fuckhead" a swear.

Musketeer #2: Oh, nice. I get slapped on the wrist for language like that, but you get away with it.

Musketeer #1: Musketeer #2, she wasn't about to punch someone when she said it.

Musketeer #2: Point well taken.

So now I have to come up with something that tops the giant hairy spider with glowing red eyes. Suggestions are welcome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pink Lemonade Diva said...

I can't help you much with your particular quandary, but may I offer a suggestion off topic?

Please, please don't stop writing.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home