Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"Welcome to your private information source, how may I help you?"

It's been a fairly quiet morning so far. Apparently most of our brokers will melt if they get caught in the rain. Strangely enough, PhoneSwindler braved the elements and is here today. (He's one of those "work from home" types). As soon as I read the email from him, I figured out why. I groaned when I saw an email from him in my inbox with the subject line "flu shot". I figured he was gonig to ask me to reimburse him for a flu shot. Not quite that ballsy, but close. Here's what I found when I finally decided to open the email:

"if anyone has a private source locally (ie. Dr) whereby you dont have to wait 4 hours for a flu shot I'd grealty appreciate it."

See, one thing you need to know about PhoneSwindler is that he has a condition that could severely weaken his immune system if he had a bad spell. So, even though he's not in the age demographic they're recommending the meager supply of shots go to, his health is certainly not up to par and it wouldn't be a bad idea for him to have one. However... there are two (at least) things wrong with this email.

1) If he needs it that bad, he can go stand in line with Bertha and Gertie and get his shot like everyone else.

2) He is (once again) using our company email system as his personal information source. This isn't the first time this has happened. Nor will it be the last, because nothing will be said to him because as my boss once explained, "well.... he makes us a lot of money".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home