Monday, November 15, 2004

Can it be?

It looks like we may be free of discussions about Hawaii and obsessions about marriage proposals. This past weekend was Nutjob's Special Hawaiian Sand Ultimatum. Apparently, it did not go well. She seemed quiet this morning, and Musketeer #1 went over to see how it all went.

Musketeer #1: So, did you talk to him this weekend?

Nutjob: Yeah.

Musketeer #1: So did you dump him? I don't see his picture on your desk anymore.

Nujob: Yeah.

She looked down at her desk, and then burst into tears. Her friend from the other department was just coming around the corner as she stood up and dashed out the door. Her friend followed her, much to my relief, because I would have felt bad and gone to check on her if she hadn't. Musketeer #1 came over to my desk.

Musketeer #1: Well, I guess that was the wrong thing to say.

Me: Yeah, good going.

Musketeer #1: Wow, what an asshole I am. Hey Silent, how's your husband doing?

Me: *sniffing dramatically* Actually... he left me!!! *fake sob*

I immediately felt bad... but really I wasn't making fun of Nutjob, I was poking fun at him stumbling into an emotional landmine. But really, who is he kidding? He loves this stuff. The more dramatic and emotional the better, and if he can provoke it, then he gives himself extra points.

Still, I felt bad to see her so upset, even though it truly is for the best, he really was a total creep. I would be convinced that she'd be crawling back to him within two weeks were it not for the fact that she's got some ex-boyfriend, in an entirely different part of the country, whom she is considering hooking up with again. Ahhh, it never ends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She'll be back with him inside of Thursday. I gar-un-tee.

Mr. Ring of Fire

11:21 AM  
Blogger Violet Meeks-Kane said...

Ok, for a breif second I feel bad for her. Then I realize that this guy treated her like crap and she let him. I don't feel so bad anymore.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home