Monday, November 15, 2004

Gag me with a spoon

I am not in the kitchen. I am sitting at my desk, yet the goings-on in the kitchen are enough to make me gag. There is a broker here who apparently missed school the day they talked about manners. (Oh right... they don't teach manners anymore... but he's from a generation that might have learned what the word meant at least). First off, he is obnoxious. Oops, sorry, that has nothing to do with manners. But this does: he talks with his mouth full of food. It would be slightly less nauseating (only slightly) if he just talked, and didn't shout, but he shouts, and as a result you get little food particles flying everywhere when he graces the table. He's in there right now. At first I could hear his food-garbled conversation, but then it got worse. He started coughing. A lot. Very loudly. Not the "oh no he's choking!" kind of cough, but great racking coughs. Did he have the decency to leave the kitchen? No. He stayed in there and hacked and hacked, until, finally finished bringing up a lung, he blew his nose very loudly. Picture a cartoon person blowing their nose. That is what this sounded like. Then I heard him apologize. "SORRY GUYS. I GET A POST-NASAL DRIP SOMETIMES AND IT MAKES ME COUGH."

Oh, well thanks for sharing that! Hey buddy, guess what? That just makes the situation worse, becuase if this is something that happens to you once in a while, and you know it's going to last for a bit you definitely should have the decency to leave the kitchen. Ugh. Eating at your desk has it's privileges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I just finished eating.

I mean, forever. After such a lovely visual, I think I'll be quite happy living on air.

Mr. Ring of Fire

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home