Tuesday, November 16, 2004

It’s worse than I thought

Because Nutjob is afraid of me, she doesn’t confide in me. I don’t know why I intimidate her, I just do. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a lot of patience for her, and she can tell. But anyway, Jane talked to her a little bit about the weekend, and learned some very disturbing things. Being the gossip-hating person that she is, she came and told me all about it.

It seems that when Nutjob broached the subject of marriage with Loserboyfriend, he told her that before they even thought about marriage, they had to be exclusive for a while, and he wasn’t ready for that. I’ll pause to let that sink in. Evidently, he has seen at least four other women during the three years that they’ve been dating. I know she was aware of this because she’s hinted at it in the past. She said he’d cheated on her. I think she was just in denial about the status of the relationship itself. Now, I know lots of people have non-exclusive relationships, but generally they don't tend to be the type where one person pays for three trips to Hawaii, dreams about getting married and having babies, and drives two hours each way to see the other person on weekends just to do his/her laundry and hang out with his/her mom.

He went on to tell her that he really doesn’t want kids, to which she replied that she “could live with that”. And the worst thing is, she hasn’t exactly broken up with him. As a clue to just how messed up her brain is, when Jane asked if it was over, she said “Well, if we were married, this would be a separation”.

Now… I know I have had many a laugh at this woman’s expense but today I am feeling quite sorry for her. She looks pathetic today, broken. One good thing has come out of this- she is going to see a shrink tomorrow. I am actually very glad, because when I see through the cracks of her sickening manipulative exterior, I get a glimpse of someone very desolate and very much in need of help. So I hope the shrink does her some good and she starts to at least stand up for herself a little more and realize what a complete prick this guy has been, and send him packing for good.

My sympathetic mushball side is showing again. Got to do something about that…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shrink will last two sessions tops. She'll be back with him before Thursday. I'm not being mean, just realistic, as us circle of volcanoes are wont to do.

Mr. Ring of Fire

4:05 PM  
Blogger Zippy Buggleshorts said...

That's a damn shame. Poor nutjob.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NutJob is a person who has created a whole world unto her own. I feel she has done it with full knowledge of what she was doing. In the beginning I think she used this world to make people feel sorry for her and gain attention. Overtime this made up world became the only world she sees. Should we feel sorry for such a maninpulative (sp) person as this? Each person who reads this will have their own answer; what I feel is that everyone gets what they deserve ... sooner or later. Take it as you will.

Laughing Hermit

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. My supervisor just came back from a six-week leave of absence. She's been depressed, and her shrink has been futzing with her medication.

Today she attended her first meeting since she returned, and it was heartbreaking to watch this once vivacious, articulate woman. Her hands were shaking, she spoke very slowly and deliberately... it was like watching an icebreaker slowly grind its way through an ice floe.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home