Friday, November 19, 2004

Tapdancing on my last nerve

I am irritable and have a low tolerance for people today. It's been excruciatingly slow here the last two days, and I hate being bored. I've been spending time wishing I was at home, enjoying myself, instead of rotting in here. So, two things just reall irked me that probably wouldn't have on another day. Perhaps it was because of who said them.

Scene 1:
HeadHoncho was handing out left over stress balls from a publicity giveaway we did. He was standing outside his office, near my desk, remarking that they were smaller than he'd expected. A new broker, who has been here a grand total of two weeks and has the distinction of making my skin crawl every time I see him, was walking toward HeadHoncho:

HeadHoncho (staring at the stress ball in his hand): It's a little small.

New Broker: A little small? How do you know I'm small? You don't even know me very well!

*gag, shudder* Go away, creepazoid.

Scene 2:
I was in the ladies room, washing my hands before leaving, when AngrySally came in. She squinched her face up and just as I was wondering what she was going to complain about now, she said

Do you smell that?

I just looked at her, baffled and slightly embarassed. We were, after all, standing in a bathroom, and I had just finished doing what one does in bathrooms.

Me: What smell?

AngrySally: That smell! It smells like-

Me: A bathroom?

AngrySally: No, it smells like alcohol, like someone threw up. Like someone was out drinking and got sick. Yuck!

I had no idea what she was talking about, I didn't smell anything like that, but it turned my stomach nontheless.

And of course, it wouldn't be right for me to post without giving a Nutjob update. I don't know anything about how the shrink appointment went, but I do know, because I overheard her on the phone telling at least 14 people, that LoserBoyfriend's mom had another stent put in her arteries, and that Nutjob just found this out and she was so upset because they were "out there all alone without me". Oh my goodness! However will they survive without her! So, she was polling all her friends (none of whom had time to talk to her, judging by her end of the conversation) to see if she should send them a fruit basket. I'm not sure what they said, but she sent the fruit basket anyway. At this point I have to wonder if maybe we won't be rid of her someday after all.... after she kills LoserBoyfriend in retaliation for not sharing her delusion, and gets locked away for life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe what Angry Sally was smelling was the smoke coming from Nutjob's ears.

Mr. Ring of Fire

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home