Friday, December 10, 2004

More later, this is only the beginning

I'm back from vacation and bursting with Nutjob stories, but you will have to be satisfied with this for the time being:

Jane is in a ticked-off snit today. I don't blame her. What my boss said yesterday was just beyond reproach.

My boss wrote an email about things that need to be noted by the brokers for year-end (which will be duly ignored and the email deleted). She and I worked on this email for an hour together. Why an hour to write an email? Because it takes us twice as long to do something together as it would for me to do it by myself. But I digress. We finished, looked it over, and in our fatigue didn't notice she'd written "Well, it's that of year again...", and sent it out to everyone. I made a beeline for the ladies' room, having made the mistake of drinking a Snapple before this intense power-meeting.

When I returned, she called out from her office "I made a typo!" I went in to investigate.

Me: Really? Where?

My Boss: Here (indicating the missing word)

Me: Oh. Who pointed that out?

My Boss: Jane did.

Now both my boss and I are on Jane's shit list. No, you didn't miss anything. Jane left without saying goodbye to either of us, because she was upset that my boss "complained" about her pointing out the mistake. "I just thought you'd want to know about it", she whined today. Apparently I am also on the shit list for daring to ask who pointed it out.

Can I go back to high school please? It was a lot less petty there.

1 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

um....why are you on her shit list again?

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home