Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Back for 2005!

Sorry for the radio silence, boys and girls. The holidays usually go one way or the other; either they provide lots of revelry and interesting stories, or there is absolutely nothing, due to the morgue-like quality of the office coupled with my busy time, closing the books for the year. This year it seems to have been the latter.

Added to that is the fact that I just don't feel very jolly, with a nasty HR situation swirling around for the last three weeks (see the post on What Not To Do at work). For the sake of my job, should anyone I work with stumble upon this blog, I'm not going to go into detail about it, except for one little tidbit, which there is no harm in sharing.

Jane has decided that she no longer considers me a friend, because I "betrayed" her by taking a complaint she had to upper management. Let's step back a moment, shall we? I am an office manager. If you reveal to me that you saw a very explicit picture on someone's computer in the office, and that you were so offended by it that it's still bothering you four days later, I have an obligation to address that concern. Even though you did not file a formal complaint, because you'd rather bitch about how it wasn't handled correctly than actually address it, by telling me that you were offended, I must address it. If I do not, that leaves me and the company exposed (no pun intended). So don't get all huffy and act like I've been gossiping with your most intimate secrets, I was just doing my job.

Ahem. After Jane confronted me and demanded to know "where she stood" she has decided that she can't talk to me "as a friend" anymore. Which is fine with me, because I sure as hell don't need "friends" like that. As long as she remains civil to me in the office, which she has so far, I'm not going to lose any sleep over her rediculous insecurities.

Other than that, Happy New Year, everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget Jane - PUSSYWILLOW?!?!?!?

I immediately was going to go on a tear about this, but then I moved my cursor around your black cat and made it turn all exorcist as well as made it head bang. :)


Oh, and fuck Jane and her "friendship".


Mr. Ring of Fire

11:15 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

I see you've discovered the fun of my new little pet. Silent Husband also likes to make it's head spin around. Why does that not surprise me?

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home