Friday, February 18, 2005

Please lick your fingers before using the copier

Yesterday, Musketeer #1 brought in slightly more than half of an incredibly rich-looking gooey chocolate cake. Now, you all know my penchant for sweets, but oddly enough this does not extend to chocolate cake. Maybe it's just too much chocolate all at once, but I generally don't like it, so I passed on a piece.

While I was in the kitchen heating up my frozen-dinner-lunch, Nutjob came rushing in, interuppting (as usual) the Musketeers' conversation.

Nutjob (bouncing): I'm so happy, I'm so happy, I'm so happy!

The Musketeers tried to ignore her.

Nutjob: I'm so happy, I'm so happy, I'm so happy!

Musketeer #3: Ok, why?

Nutob: Simon is getting out of the hospital today!

Musketeer #3: Um... who is Simon?

Nutjob: The guy I met when I was in Florida!!! [she finally notices the cake] OOOOH, cake!!!

And out of the kitchen she ran.

Musketeer #2: What the hell was that about?

Musketeer #3: I don't know.

Musketeer #2: She has to be on drugs. No one can be that morose one minute and that happy the next.

Nutjob came rushing back into the kitchen and grabbed a sandwich (from the platter left over from a meeting) and a piece of cake, explaining "I can eat now!". (Not that that's much of an explanation. But in her mind, it obviously is).

Several minutes later, I went to the copy room to make some photocopies and discovered a large smear of chocolate frosting on the "start" button of the copier. Smaller smears were also on the number keys, the touch screen and under the handle of the document handler. Is there anyone on earth more vile than this woman?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is why what Jane did does not upset me on a galactic scale.

Mr. Ring of Fire

P.S. ew.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home