Monday, February 28, 2005

Rubbing it in

Nutjob's off on her booty-call to the Florida Keys, she left on Thursday night. Today in my mail pile there was an oh-so-witty postcard, half of which had a picture of a guy shovelling copious amounts of snow with the label "You: 10*" in the corner, and the other half bearing a shot of a beautiful tropical beach and the label "Me: 80*". How thoughtful. She wrote:

"Well, got here ok. Enjoy the snow! Will send some sunshine breezes your way!"

It was postmarked Miami. Now, I know the Keys aren't very big, city-wise, but surely they have their own post offices. This means she must have sent the damn thing from the airport the moment she landed. Freak. Just for that I think we should save some snowballs in the freezer for her and pelt her when she gets back.

Scratch that- as alluring as that sounds, I want to play no part in her attention game. When she comes back I'll pretend I didn't even realize she was gone. (That's pretty unrealistic though, considering how much I am enjoying her absence).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My suggestion would be to tell her it never reached you. F- her.



Mr. Ring of Fire

6:41 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

When she comes back, ask her to go on at length about her tan and how much sunbathing she did. And then go on a five-minute informative lecture about skin cancer. :)

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home