Thursday, March 17, 2005

Birthday stupidity

The pizza party-turned breakfast-turned pizza party for PartnerInCrime was today. This morning I happened to come up on the elevator at the same time as Nutjob, who asked me if we had enough petty cash for 3 pizzas. Idly making conversation, I asked her what time we'd be having the pizza, and she replied "oh, about noon".

Now, perhaps I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that the whole point of planning these stupid pizza parties for the late afternoon was so that we didn't have a) all of the admins disappearing at once, and b) any hurt feelings when the people with 1:00 lunches got left out of the party at 12:00. But hey, what do I know. I'm just the voice of reason. I told her to check with my boss before she ordered. (Naturally my boss told her to go ahead with the noon plan).

Noon came around and the pizzas arrived. As I walked to the conference room to grab a slice and chat with the rest of the patients, I happened to notice a sign on PartnerInCrime's office door: "Conference Call In Progress". Well don't that beat all. After all the shuffling and re-arranging, the guest of honor missed out on his own pizza party.

When will they start listening to me???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

June 22nd, 2006 8:1 odds.

Mr. Ring of Fire

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home