Saturday, March 05, 2005

It's all in the box

Nutjob is back from Florida. I do have a rather strange story to tell about that, but that will come later. Yesterday afternoon, I walked past her desk and noticed that she was sitting on the floor, pre-school style, fighting with a box and cutting up bright blue paper. Of course, I had to ask...

Me: Hey Nutjob, what are you up to?

Nutjob: Uh! Ummm.... I'm doing the.... it's the box.... you know, JerseyGirl, the flyer?

Me: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Nutjob: Oh, your boss didn't tell you?

Me: No

Nutjob: Oh! For JerseyGirl's brother... Iraq!

Ahhh.... I pieced this together as "I'm making a box for the goods we're sending JerseyGirl's brother in Iraq. Didn't you see your boss's flyer?" This was confirmed when I got back to my desk and saw a flyer on my chair- with a picture of JerseyGirl's brother in his dress blues and a list of things that a soldier in Iraq would find useful. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I doubt the Post Office is going to mail a box all decorated with red, white and blue paper... Hopefully she'll figure out to wrap it in brown paper first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home