Thursday, March 17, 2005

My review: A progress report (part 2)

My boss was in the office again today, and all day she swore she'd get to my and JerseyGirl's reviews by the end of the day. I held out about as much hope for that as for an actual resolution between the NHL and NHLPA in the next century. I was shocked when, at 4pm she started preparing the reviews, and at 4:30, called JerseyGirl down. They were in her office for all of about 10 minutes, when JerseyGirl emerged, review in hand, headed to the copy room. When she returned, she went back into my boss's office and closed the door. They commenced a nice long BS session, which lasted until 5:30 (our closing time). Not one to be in the office one minute past 5:30, JerseyGirl burst out of my boss's office and headed out the door. My boss apologized and asked if I minded staying "for a few minutes". Sure, no problem. If there's anything worth staying late at work for, it's a review. Especially when you know it's going to be a good one.

About a half an hour later, she was finally ready and I went into her office. Just as with JerseyGirl's review, mine was over in about 10 minutes, and we talked about my boss's boyfriend for the next 40 minutes. Specifically, why she's going to dump him (this time).

So, all of you out there who were placing bets, pay up! I'm as shocked as the rest of you, to be quite honest.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Mr. Ring of Fire, pay up!

Oh, wait, that's me.

I mean, the guy that used to be Mr. Ring of Fire is gone.

I'm his replacement, who also is known as Mr. Ring of Flire. I mean, Fire.

Sorry, I'm new.

Mr. Ring of Fire

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your blog - fascinating actually. Are you as beautiful as you seem intelligent? If so, I was wondering if there was anything I could get you: a small firearm for NutJob, a 2 carat diamond?

5:15 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

YOU GOT HIT ON THROUGH YOUR BLOG!!!!

That SO rocks!

Silent Husband better wise up before you take this guy up on his offer...

10:48 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

I'm flattered, but I think SilentHusband would have a word or two to say about the diamond... and there's really no need to arm Nutjob. ;)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, SW? I think he meant to give YOU the small firearm to "do in" Nutjob. Not to arm her, literally.

What a sweetie to offer you weaponry and jewelry in the same breath. And they say romance is dead (and now we know who shot it!)

Mr. Ring of Fire

9:34 AM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Didn't you see my sideways wink? Sheesh, try to be funny.....

12:59 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

In space, no one can hear you scream.

In blog comments, no one can hear you laugh.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok ok i'll settle this ... give the gun to john wilkes booth ... the diamond to Silent Witness ... and i'll keep Silent Witness to myself ...

thanks for the support craig!

Silent Husband

9:08 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Hey, what are friend's for? :)

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home