Monday, March 07, 2005

That reminds me...

The comments in the post "Someone call a priest" reminded me of a conversation I had with the Musketeers quite some time ago, but I thought you'd all appreciate it.

Most people in my office know I'm a little... out there... when it comes to religion. Somehow they just seem to know that I don't subscribe to any of the "big three" and for the most part I don't really care. They do get confused though when they get into a religious discussion with me and discover I know my Bible pretty damn well (oops, that's probably a sin or something). Anyway. One day, we were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch, and the topic of male pattern baldness came up. Silent Husband has been losing his hair at kind of a young age for that kind of thing, and swears when it gets to a certain point he will shave his head entirely. I mentioned this to them, and also mentioned that he wants to keep his goatee and dye it black.

Me: I don't want him to do that. He'll look like Anton LaVey.

Confused silence.

Musketeer #1: Who is Anton LaVey?

My brain: Oh, great. This is going to look really good.

Me: Oh... uh... he was the.... leader of the Church of Satan.

I tried to get that last part out in sort of a mumble, but they all heard it. An uncomfortable silence ensued and I was actually saved by Nutjob running in and prattling on about something.

PS- No I am not a Satanist. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous AL aka Silent Husband said...

What do you mean "WAS" the Leader of the Church of Satan? Wait I'm dead; or at least thats what the witness relocation program has told every one. Long Live Santa!!!!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home