Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Those silly girls

Hi-de-ho, readers. Are there any still out there (besides ever-vigilant Mr Ring of Fire, who by the way has been quite busy causing a ruckus on the west coast of the Americas and in Japan)? I think my co-workers are all comatose for the summer, because none of them has been doing much interesting lately. However, I just had quite an enlightening conversation with the broker who previously stated that it was beneath him to brew a pot of coffee. Remember him? I think it's time to officially induct him into blog infamy and give him a name: Mr. Misogyny. (sung to the tune of "The Magical Mr. Mistofolees").

I was in the kitchen, getting my mid-morning snack (or, for all you dorky Lord of the Rings fans, "second breakfast"), when Mr. Misogyny ambled in to get a cup of coffee, which fortunately had already been brewed by some industrious female (i.e., me). (Do you think I can possibly put more side comments in parentheses?). The fact that I was standing at the counter while fixing my snack, right next to the coffee pot, didn't deter him from shoving his arm in front of my face and floundering around for a coffee cup. I picked up my plate and moved.

Me: Oh, let me get out of your way.

Mr. Misogyny: Is that breakfast?

Me: Nope, just a snack.

Mr. Misogyny: We're having a real problem with Jill (his kindergarten-age daughter) with dinner.

Me: Oh yeah? She's a picky eater?

Mr. Misogyny: Yeah, well she's a typical girl.

Me: Oh? What's that?

Mr. Misogyny: Well you know how girls are.

Me: No, I don't. All girls are picky eaters?

Mr. Misogyny: Well my niece is, my other niece is, why should my daughter be any different?

Me: Huh. I thought kids in general were pretty picky about their food.

Mr. Misogyny: Yeah well, you know little girls...

No, not really, I don't. If my own niece is anything to go by, she blows his theory out of the water. She'll eat anything you put in front of her, whether or not it's actually food. Of course she's still in the shove-everything-you-can-get-your-hands-on-into-your-mouth stage, so maybe that doesn't count. But maybe the fact that Jill has a total dickwad for a dad is stressing her out. She's useless at this age anyway, considering she can't make coffee yet.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering my one niece, Vesuvius is up for eating anything up to and including brocolli ravioli, and my nephew, Anak Krakatoa wouldn't even finish a piece of chicken the other night, I'd say he's an idiot.

And even if I didn't have the ironclad examples of my nephew and niece, he'd STILL be an idiot.

Mr. Ring of Vigilant Fire

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Silent Husband said...

From now on when i get home i expect a hot steaming pot of coffee waiting for me. If there isnt one i will wait (impatiently mind you) until you get home and make a pot of coffee for me.

you know the way girls are!

barefoot, hopefully not pregnant, and making a good steaming pot of coffee. who needs anything else.

you know the way girls are ... right?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Emily the Cat said...

I predict a Lindsey Lohan in the making.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Violet Meeks-Kane said...

I probably would have shoved my plate in his face then said "oops, must have happened when you bumped my arm."

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Smalls said...

He's so wrong. My daughter will eat pretty much whatever you put in front of her and my older son could live on jelly sandwiches (yes, plain jelly, not even peanut butter!) for the rest of his life. Boy do I feel sorry for that poor girl.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jamy said...

By the way, we're still here. Waiting with baited breath for each new post. Really.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home