Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thanks for sharing

I am getting ready to leave for vacation. A whole week without any of these maniacs, whatever shall I do? Consequently my boss and I have been on the phone all day, since she won't be in tomorrow and she's starting to get anxious about spending a whole week without me. What if a check comes in for this guy? What if a check comes in for that guy? What if we get one of those really hairy transactions?, etc.

Just a few minutes ago she called to tell me to re-fax the reports I sent to her, since her fax machine is broken.

Me: Is it that ribbon again, do you need to replace it?

Her: No, it's broken, dead. It's in the garbage can. That ribbon got stuck one too many times on a day when I have my period.

Me (laughing): Oh, it's been one of those days, has it?

Her (picking up the phone to take me off speaker and whispering conspiratorially): Look, I'm sitting here with toilet paper wadded up in my pants because there are six freaking floors in this building and NOT ONE OF THEM has a machine that works!

It took me a minute to realize she meant the outdated old "vending machines" installed in most ladies' rooms that dispense tampons for a quarter. I don't know why she relies on those, because I have never ever found one that actually has anything in it.

Me: Why don't you run out to the drugstore?!

Her: Oh, I don't have time for that! Argh... my pischi (sp?) hurts. Damn, you know what I won't be doing this weekend!

Um, ok. Then I don't know what to tell you. And thank you for that mental image.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And thank YOU for that mental image. Ugh, and I was just about to have a cherry icey.


Mr. Ring of Fire

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too. Much. Information!

ChinaGirl

4:37 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

The scary thing is, this is not all that unusual of a conversation for us to have.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home