Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Typhoid Mary

Following is an email exchange between Jane and CheapSkate. (CheapSkate is not in our office, he's in the other office, heretofore known as the "southern office").

From: Jane
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:25 PM
To: CheapSkate
Cc: PartnerInCrime
Subject: Awards Plaque

CheapSkate,

PartnerInCrime will order another Deal of the Year plaque for you for your office. PartnerInCrime will have the plague delivered directly to the southern office. Please let me know if you do not receive it in a couple of weeks. Thanks and have a great day!

Jane
Executive Assistant

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From: CheapSkate
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:41 PM
To: Jane
Subject: RE: Awards Plaque

Jane,

I’ll keep the plaque, but will skip the plague if that’s OK with you.

Thanks for the help!

CheapSkate



Oh, and speaking of CheapSkate, I got a voicemail from him that made up for his lack of interest in "approving" my holiday card choice last year. (For you newer readers, I have been working here for 9 years, and have picked a suitably non-religious boring holiday card every year. Every year CheapSkate requests to see a copy of it so he can scan it for anything that remotely resembles Christmas symbolism. Last year he disappointed me and didn't even mention it).

I was out of the office for a few days, feeling under the weather, and when I returned I had 16 voice mails, most of which were actually about pretty pressing matters. And then there was this one from CheapSkate:

"Hi Silent, CheapSkate here. I was wondering if we'd picked a Christmas card yet this year... and if we had, I'd like to see a copy of it. Thanks".

Well, let me just move that to the top of my to-do list, considering that it's already JULY and we haven't picked our Christmas card yet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Sung to "We Wish you a Merry Christmas)

We wish you a merry (couple of days off for no secular reason)
We wish you a merry (couple of days off for no secular reason)
We wish you a merry (couple of days off for no secular reason)
Fuck off, its July.

Mr. Ring of Fire

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, no one hands out plagues in our office!

Then again, they would probably limit workplace productivity, and lord knows no sweatshop wants that!

ChinaGirl

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home