Monday, August 29, 2005

I must be on Candid Camera

Remember RotoRooter? The one who had two, yes TWO conversations with me about his and his wife's colonoscopies? He got me again today.

RotoRooter: So, how was your weekend?

Me: Pretty good. We rearranged our living room furniture actually, and we love the way the room looks.

RotoRooter (laughing): Oh yeah, my wife and I always did that when we got high.

[Um, excuse me?]

RotoRooter (misreading the surprised look on my face): Oh no, not this wife. My ex-wife, a long time ago. Yeah, we were big into cocaine and whenever we got high we'd decide to move the furniture or paint the house or something.

Fortunately I was saved from further conversation by HeadHoncho getting off the phone and summoning RotoRooter into his office. Now, I am not entirely sheltered. I know people do drugs, did drugs, maybe are in recovery from drugs, whatever. But I was surprised at how nonchalant he was about telling me about his cocaine habit. I really have to do something about that sign over my cube. You know the one right underneath the one that says "Tell me About Your Colon!", the one that says "Tell Me about Your Drug Use!". Someone keeps putting up new signs when I'm not looking.

For the record, neither SilentHusband nor I was high on anything when we decided to rearrange our furniture. ("Now I'm not feeding off you/I will rearrange your scales/if I can/and I can/March into the ocean/march into the sea") No, we were inspired to change our living room by the fact that we are big nerds and have so many darn books that we need another bookshelf. Welcome to my life as a dork.

PS- extra blog points for anyone (besides ChinaGirl, who gets the points by default because it's not even a challenge for her) who can guess that obscure musical reference.

6 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

"These Days" by REM, off "Life's Rich Pagent"

Yay Google. :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

I said "anyone who can guess" not "anyone who knows how to use a search engine". Blog points denied.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"These Days" by REM.

See! I guessed that Craig was right, and now I'm right!

Mr. Ring of Fire does the Snoopy Happy Dance



...tra la la la la...

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I get the points now, since the boys cheated? :-P

ChinaGirl

8:23 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Boooo1 Hisssss!!! I demaind a re-count!

PS- extra blog points for anyone (besides ChinaGirl, who gets the points by default because it's not even a challenge for her) who can guess that obscure musical reference.


I see nothing that says we can't use a search engine. Y'all just bitter that my lateral thinking solved the problem. Who do you think you are to deny me my rightful prize? Florida??

6:26 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Notice the word "guess". Last time I checked, guessing didn't entail looking something up.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some hanging chads to attend to.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home