Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My boss is here today and we are trying to work on a report together. Her completely laissez-faire work ethic does not meld well with my incredibly anal one. It's a good thing we get along on a personal level. So, I have been scurrying around trying to finish up a report at the last minute, and in the middle of this, PartnerInCrime called and asked a question for which I had to duck into HeadHoncho's office for the answer. As I was returning to my desk from his office, I heard my boss, who didn't realize I'd left my desk, ask me a question.

My boss: What general ledger number is training anyway?

Me: five-five-five. (somewhat abruptly as I returned to my desk to get back to PartnerInCrime's phone call)

My boss: Ok. You need to get a life life life.

Sure. I've been here for eight years. I think I know a few general ledger numbers off the top of my head. Anyway.... A few minutes later I was on my way to the kitchen for my daily afternoon cup of coffee (Mr. Misogyny was nowhere in sight, thankfully) when I picked up a fax off my fax machine. My boss happened to be walking by as I said out loud to no one in particular "Oh, I was just wondering about this. I have a psychic connection with OurSignCompany!"

My boss: I repeat my earlier statement.

I may need to get a life, but she needs to get some goddamn Focus Factor.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ledger 5-5-5? Is that the real number or do your ledger numbers correspond with all TV and movie phone numbers?


Mr. Ring of Fire

5:49 PM  
Blogger Violet Meeks-Kane said...

Um, what does it say about me that I know some paitent insurence info after only 5 weeks?

7:45 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Yes, it's really 555. Actually it's technically 555000-0000, but we just do away with all those pesky 0's and use the first 3 digits if we can.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home