Monday, September 26, 2005

Swamp Thing

I don't know if this will be amusing to anyone but me, but what the heck, it's my blog, so I'm posting it. This morning I opened my mail from Friday and discovered a citation from a town where one of our properties is, citing us for violating "sanitation code WNIUHIEB666690.000". (Ok that's not the real code, you got me). According to them, the pond on the property is "stagnant and overgrown". Well, duh, how else are we supposed to cultivate mosquitos?! I handed them over to the appropriate property manager and she rolled her eyes and said "Yeah, we know our pond is ugly." PartnerInCrime, who lives near the property in question and drives by it every day, said he has been complaining to the brokers about it for weeks- he is expecting an alligator to come out of there any day now.

So, now I have something to compete with my dad's near-arrest for "propelling a laundry cart in a scooter-like fashion" during his wild college years. Being cited for a "stagnant and overgrown pond" isn't quite as dramatic, but it's close.

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I can't beileve you, Silent Witness. How can you bother talking about pseduo-swamps at a time like this! Don't you know there are people dying in real swamps because of the hurricanes!?!?! I am SO offended at you!!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Bruce!

11:05 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Stop it. You know how sensitive I am. Dammit now you went and made me feel bad.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home