Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Bug is Back

After years of being a victim of Musketeer #1's 4th-grade schoolyard sense of humor, I finally got him back this morning, albeit totally unintentionally. Musketeer #1 loves to hide plastic or rubber bugs on my desk and listen for the yelp when I find it. Under my phone handset.... in a desk drawer.... under the stamp I use all the time, you get the idea. Fortunately I know what he's up to, and he's always disappointed in my failure to yelp or scream like a girly girl. Perhaps this is why he hasn't stopped trying.

This morning, I came in to find a piece of paperwork on my desk that I had literally been bugging him for MONTHS about. We are required to keep current copies of the guys' auto insurance on file, to prove they're insured and save our asses if they ever get in an accident with a client in the car. Musketeer #1's policy renewed in June. I have cajoled, I have emailed, I have nagged. I even left notes on his breifcase so he wouldn't forget. I threatened to call his wife and ask her to send me what I need, which actually would probably have gotten me the paperwork in about a week, instead of 4 months. I should probably just go straight to her next time. So, when I found the copy of his insurance on my desk, I picked it up and walked to his office and said "Ok this is the first sign of the Apocalypse." He jumped about 3 feet into the air, causing me to burst out laughing.

Musketeer #1: You know not to talk to me before 9:00!

(Um, no I don't. I talk to you before 9:00 all the time. But whatever.)

Me: Ha! That's payback for all the flies and spiders and decapitated Peeps you leave on my desk!

Musketeer #1: Great, now I have to come up with something really good...

Of course, this reminded him about his plastic bug collection, and he decided to initiate Marketing Gal. Several minutes later, she came over to his office bitching him out, because she had picked up the phone, dialed it, and didn't notice the bug until the other party picked up the line. She screamed and slammed down the phone.

MarketingGal: Now I have to wait until later to call them back!

I think it's time for Mr. Giant Hairy Spider With Glowing Red Eyes to come back to the office and be introduced to some of the new people. Mwah ha ha ha ha.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your success!

ChinaGirl

P.S. You have way too much fun at work. Didn't anyone ever tell you work should be 8-12 hours of utter torture? :-P

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.P.S. I win!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know of the big spider with glowing red eyes, but he's not very life-like ... then again, most 10 inch spiders aren't very lifelike ... especially when they need the power of Duracell to induce their scary ways.


Mr. Ring of Jetlagged Fire

10:58 AM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

You must be thinking of a different spider with glowing red eyes, because this one doesn't need any help from Duracell. And it's pretty darn lifelike when it's perched on the side of the couch but you don't see it until you sit down and feel it crawling on your head. Not that SilentHusband did that to me or anything...

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would never do such a thing!

SilentHusband

ps btw what am i denying this time?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home