Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Engaged White Female

I have not lost my sanity yet because Nutjob is out of the office this week for the Jewish holiday (yesterday and today) and just for the hell of it (the rest of the week). However, Monday morning gave me a glimpse of what the future holds. All morning long- and I am not exaggerating, this went until 11:30- she was making personal calls. Now, I understand that it's exciting when you get engaged and you want to tell the world, but generally you don't wait until you get into the office to do it... do you? And generally, you call people you know and care about, not former co-workers and other distant acquaintances you haven't spoken to in months, if not years. The bulk of Nutjob's phone calls went something like this:

Hello Marge? It's Nutjob...

HI! Yeah I know it's been a while. How are you?...

I'm good... I just wanted to let you know that I got engaged...

Oh, thank you. Yeah, I'm really happy... (and launches into the story of how he proposed)

Normally I can filter her out. Monday morning I was really losing it, and planning on bringing in headphones so I can drown her out with stompy industrial music. However, it's been nice and quiet with her gone, so I don't have to resort to that just yet.

But there is something sort of creepy about all this. I was quite surprised when I saw her engagement ring, because it is a rather unusual ring. It has diamonds and emeralds. Huh. My ring has diamonds and emeralds. SilentHusband wanted me to have something a little different (which I love, thank you sweetie!!!). No big deal there, really. ChinaGirl predicted next thing I know, she'll be planning a fall/Halloween wedding. I pooh-poohed that idea, knowing Nutjob could care less about Halloween. What do you know... I found out yesterday that she wants a fall wedding. "Because SilentWitness's was so pretty!" (Yes she was at my wedding. Don't ask.)

If she books the same place I got married I am going to be seriously creeped out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silent Witness,

You may have written this post in haste (heh heh heh posthaste..) but we both know you're not going to go out of your head - not when you're this close.. this close to...

DROPPING THE PUCK!

+++Game On!+++

Mr. Ring of Blue Shirt Fire

9:31 AM  
Blogger katrynanne said...

I'm confused - I've spent today reading the blog from the beginning(brilliant, by the way). Whho's marrying Nutjob? Mr Florida Vacation? her Ex-Loser?

3:48 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Hi Katrynanne, thanks for the complement. :) Nutjob is marrying Mr Florida Vacation (who is the one who doesn't actually live in Florida but that's where they met, and she has visited him in the hospital a few times,etc.)

I know it's hard to keep up with this if you don't know what's going on... but I haven't figured out a good way to fix that yet.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Unless she dyes and styles her hair to match yours, I think you're safe. Besides, her work blog is in a completely different tone than yours.... :)


PS: Hey, SW, when you're free, give me a ring, I have some ideas on how to keep neophytes in the loop (and how to tweak the blogger code to pull it all off).

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so truly frightened by all of this - and my sympathy is already welling up just thinking about all the wedding-talk you're going to have to endure. Perhaps start dropping hints already about a quickie "destination wedding" in Vegas, perhaps next weekend, just to get it over with? ;)

-CaliS, needing a better nickname

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babe!

What REALLY would creep you out is if the soon-to-be Mr. Nutjob looked alittle like me. Hell that would scare me more than you!!!!

GO LOCAL TEAM!!!

Mr. Silentwitness

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home