Wednesday, October 12, 2005

So tempted

I'm a pretty tolerant person as far as religion goes, but I really hate it when people get obnoxious about it and use their religion for a sense of entitlement or special treatment. Or are just plain really in your face about it. The way I see it, it's a pretty personal matter and doesn't really need to be broadcast on bumperstickers or made a big deal out of for the purpose of getting attention.

So, right there, you know that Nutjob really gets on my nerves in this regard. You also know that last week she sent an email out to the office with a big obnoxious subject line for Rosh Hashannah, explaining in case we forgot that it was a Jewish holiday. Today she is leaving early for Yom Kippur and sent a similar email, only this time it had clip-art in it. I normally keep my religion close to the vest at work, not because I'm ashamed of it, just because I don't feel it belongs there and I don't feel like getting into all of the discussions it would invariably bring (I'm pagan). As it happens, I am taking Halloween off. Technically it's not for religious reasons, considering I won't be actually observing the holiday until the following weekend, but one could make the case for it if one wanted to be obnoxious. I am so tempted to send out an email (if only just to Nutjob) with the subject line "SAMHAIN - PAGAN HOLIDAY" and piously remind everyone that I will be out of the office observing a religious holiday and include little clip-art pictures of tables set with an empty place or a candle burning in front of a deceased loved one's picture. Somehow, I think this would cause a lot more trouble than it's worth.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of a deceased loved one, can you instead just put a picture of Nutjob with an arrow through her head? :)


Mr. Ring of Fire

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay real money to see the reaction of your officemates if you really sent out that email. Pleeeeaaaase? :-P

ChinaGirl

11:23 AM  
Blogger Violet Meeks-Kane said...

It would be a total waste of time. She wouldn't get the joke.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

You should've just replied to her e-mail with two simple words: "Christ Killer".

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nutjob? You know Yom Kippur doesn't start until sundown, right? Precisely why do you need to leave work early? Feh. Giving us Jew-y types a bad name.

-SharksFan ;)

7:02 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Not only did she have to leave early, she had to leave at 3pm. She lives literally 8 minutes from the office. Sundown was at 6:30 last time I checked. I gues she's accounting for getting really lost on her way home.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home