Friday, October 28, 2005

What a surprise

It's open enrollment time at BlogCompany, so yours truly gets to chase everyone around like a mother hen to make sure they remember to make changes or re-enroll. Personally, since the benefits department sends about 6,000 emails to remind us to do this, I don't think this should be my job. But my boss does this every year, and she asked me to handle it for her, and being the good employee that I am, hand-holding has now been added to my list of duties. When I checked with Musketeer #1 yesterday to make sure he'd taken care of his enrollment, he said he needed to make changes but didn't know what to do and could I help him tomorrow? Sure, no problem.

This morning, he called me into his office to help him with the enrollment, and I saw he had the webpage up on his screen.

Musketeer #1: Ok, what do I do?

Me: Well first you need to log in. Have you ever used this site before? (we use the same site for payroll and other information).

Musketeer #1: Nope.

Me: Ok, well your user name is your ID number, and your password is your birthday.

Musketeer #1 types the information in, and hits submit. It tells him he has the wrong password.

Me: Are you sure you never used this before? Because they make you change your password the first time you use it.

Musketeer #1: No... Maybe I typed it wrong, let me try again.

Same result. I suggested he click the "forgot password" link at the bottom of the screen. He did, and the following message appeared:

You selected the following phrase to remind you of your password:

oral + hand "


Me: You've obviously been here before.

Musketeer #1 (laughing): Well, I guess so!

The kicker? Even with that eloquent password hint phrase, he still diddn't remember what it was.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO. Thank you for making me choke on my Friday morning bagel...

ChinaGirl

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best . Password . Ever


Mr. Ring of Boob + Pinkie Toe Fire

11:44 AM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Yes, I think that might oust the current "best password ever". Up until now it had been the password of an employee who didn't get along with his boss Joe at all. Joe unfortunately had to let him go, and afterwards needed to get into his account for some reason. Tech support gave him the password on the account: "bitemehardjoe".

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just hysterical...

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home