Friday, October 07, 2005

What would they do without me?

Nutjob's been out for a few days for Rosh Hashannah, and when she emailed the people she works for to let them know, the subject line of her email said (no lie, mispelling included): "Nutjob -- out of office -- JEWISH HOLIDAY -- Rosh Hashana". So today I emailed all the guys to let them know I'll be taking a day off on Monday, as I have to do when I am going to be out because they invariably panic when they come in and see that I'm not here. After all, who will pay them? I guess my not broadcasting the reason for my absence made everyone curious, because PartnerInCrime emailed me saying "Hey you didn't tell us why you'll be out!" and I got a lovely heartfelt message from MiddleAgedHippie and his talking George Bush doll:

"SW, where ya gonna be on Monday? You know there's no reason for me to come in if you're not going to be here, so I guess I'll take Monday off too. Anyway little George here is extremely upset. We will miss you, have a fabulous day off.

(George says) I understand small business growth. I was one!

(MAH comes back on the line) Enjoy!"


I think I will tell the next head hunter that calls me that unless they can guarantee I'll be working with loonies like this, I'm not going anywhere.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm #1 I'm #1

Mr. (Real Mature) Ring of Fire

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes its great you work with such wonderful loonies that span the -range- of nuttiness. I guess you could call them "nutty rangers"...


heh heh heh

Mr. Ring of Fire

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where ARE you going to be on Monday, eh?

ChinaGirl

P.S. Mr. RoF... how old are we?

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am tree yeas old!

Mr. Ring of Fire

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home