Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"Yes, M'Lady"

I'm having an embarrassing girl moment. (No, not THAT kind of girl moment). In preparation for the coming "superstorm", I wore a long skirt and tall boots, thinking heels would just suck if I had to wade through a lake to get to my car. Unfortunately, I have never worn this skirt with these boots before, and just as unfortunately, I didn't notice until I got to work and walked in from the parking lot that the little metal eyelets at the tops of my boots keep snagging the hem of my skirt. The only way I could think to remedy this, short of actually taking a pair of scissors and cutting my skirt shorter, is to walk around holding the skirt up a little, so my boots don't tangle in it and trip me. Which would probably be quite amusing to everyone else. So all day I've been walking around like I'm about to curtsy, with my skirt held up in one hand. I've gotten a few odd looks. Just now I walked past Musketeer #1's office.

Musketeer #1: Hey SilentWitness! Is it hard to walk in that dress or something?

Me: (exasperated sigh) No, it just keeps getting all caught up in my boots.

Musketeer #1: You look like you're walking around in your prom dress.

Thanks. I chose to ignore the ribald prom dress comments as I continued down the hall. Stupid rain. Stupid boots. Stupid skirt hem.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, why didn't you just put tape over the top of the things so it wouldn't grab hold?

Just an idea-


Mr. Ring of Fashionista Fire

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!


ttyl,
Ross

4:20 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

And get sticky tape crud all over my nice leather boots? I don't think so.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're REALLY being a girl!

Waaah, I don't want to mess up my shoes!

Use the tape. It'll come off. :-P

ChinaGirl

5:24 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Why didn't you just take off your boots once you got inside? DUH.....

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its ok hon, you looked beautiful this morning!!!!

Silenthusband

ps hows that to add to the whole girlie thing ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

SilentHusband is certifiable and therefore all his comments are suspect.

6:18 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Way to boost a girl's confidence, Craig.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home