Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ack, I'm trendy

For most of my alcohol-driking life I've admittedly been a beer snob. My philosophy is, you should like the way it tastes, not force down cheap piss-flavored water solely so you can act stupid and puke on someone's rug. I'm aware this is not a common philosohpy of alcohol-drinking, but I can live with that. Now that I'm over 30, the "old fart" switch in my brain must have tripped because I'm suddenly becoming quite enamored with wine. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm turning into my mom, and my mom always has a glass of wine while she's cooking dinner, which is exactly what I've started to do.

Anyway... Musketeer #2 is the office wine connoisseur. I've been keeping him updated of the wines I've tried and which ones I've liked and haven't liked. Recently, SilentHusband and I tried a bottle of Pino Noir, which I took to immediately. He nodded knowingly and said something about how popular it is because of the movie "Sideways", which I'm vaguely aware of as being a trendy popular movie involving wine, but that's about all I could tell you. Musketeer #2 brought me up to cultural speed and told me about the movie, and said the two main characters decided Pino Noir is the best kind of wine. Figures. So now if I tell anyone I like Pino Noir they'll all think I'm some kind of follower who drinks what movies tell her to drink. My non-conformist senses are offended.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Pino Noir to 2005 is to what White Zifendel(sp?) was to 2003.

Or Zima was to Never.

You are now going to be considered trendy, so go out and pick up a Mini Cooper and be done with it already.

Oh, and please turn in all street cred. at the door on your way out into Popville.

Mr. Ring of Guinness

3:47 PM  
Blogger Emily the Cat said...

Just don't have any of that fucking merlot.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

I say fuck the wine and just go for the absinthe.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have no fear! trendy we shall never be my love! No mini Cooper (fucking thing is owned by BMW) no zima no popville (unless its dark european pop)

you will have tv dinners hockey and tootsie rolls.

yep no trendy for you!!!

Love you!
SilentHusband

12:14 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Looks like someone already had their absinthe today.....

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You twits... it's "Pinot Noir" and "White Zinfandel"...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home