Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another post about coffee

I swear, I don't care this much about coffee. But apparently my office does. Because we have a fancy "airpot" system, instead of your classic glass pots that sit on burners all day and get sludgy, it's not always easy to tell if the coffee in the pot on the counter is fresh or several hours (or 12 hours) old. Because I was tired of hearing people ask "Is this coffee fresh?" in the morning, or worse, assuming safe is better than sorry and dumping the whole pot, I devised a little plan. I bought a small whiteboard and affixed it to the cabinet above the counter where we keep the coffee pots. I wrote "Coffee was brewed" across the top, and "2pm" underneath, since it was 2pm and I had just brewed a pot of coffee.

Now, I know better. This system is begging to be abused. So far the following things have been written on the board:

1:14.69 P.M. (guess who wrote that one. here's a hint: oral + hand)

1964

a turkey, made from the outline of someone's hand

and my personal favorite "doesn't anyone around here brew decaf?!"

I seriously wanted to write "whoever wants it" underneath that, but I am starting to feel like I'm sitting in a bathroom stall in middle school, reading the messages people have left for each other.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write "For a good time call x5514". Extension 5514, naturally, is Nutjob's extension.

10 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

"here's a hint: oral + hand"

Wow, am I thinking SO the wrong thing right about now.

Hey! I'm the first post! I have no life!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, please, pleeeeeeeaaaaaseeee write Nutjob's number up there tomorrow. PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE???

ChinaGirl

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just buy one of those single serving coffee machines with the variety coffee packs, this will save you time and frustration....you will gain lots of humor though since few people know how to use it.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...but would it really be a good time?

wizardsheart

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For a good time" ...WHAT?!?!? For a horrible, disgusting, suicide+plus time call . . ."


Mr. Ring of Fire

12:47 AM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Craig, see the post dated 10/28/05 and you'll understand.

Anon- ahhh, the single serving machines. Yeah, we tried that. My boss said it was too expensive. Maybe that's because Nutjob kept hoarding the packets at her desk because she thought she'd be able to use them at home.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

Mr. Fire: There are people that like dressing up as stuffed animals and having sex.

If those people exist, then so do people that will enjoy having sex with nutjob.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Oh, now, SW, I got the reference. I was just thinking the WRONG THING. Talk to your husband, he'd understand. :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

What's with the furry obsession all of a sudden Craig? Is there something we should know....?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Violet Meeks-Kane said...

Dear Lord. I don't know if the joke would be on NutJob or on the caller

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home