Friday, November 04, 2005

Back to (ab)normal

For the last two weeks, one of the brokers has been relentlessly chasing a commission payment. He started hounding me to hound them when the check was two weeks late. (In this world, paying two weeks late is paying early). I made calls, reported back to him step by step, etc. He called me at least twice a day and stopped by my cube at least once a day to bitch and moan about the fact that the check was "five years late". (We did the deal 5 years ago. The payment schedule was structured so that most of the commission came in then, and the final payment comes in now. This was the deal he made. He knew the schedule at the time, has known it all along). Finally, to my utter relief, the check came in this morning. I called and told him about it, then got my butt to the bank to deposit it and get rid of it once and for all.

After I prepared the paperwork for the payment, I brought it to my boss- who is back in the office, part time- for her signature. I laid it on her desk and said, very quietly but with great purpose:

Me: Broker X has been up my ass for two weeks about this check. Here's the paperwork for you to sign.

My boss: So that's what that curly hair sticking out is. I thought you needed a trim, and its just Broker X's curly head peeking out.

Man, I missed her.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to go to the bathroom now - not to groom asshair as much as to throw up.

Congrats, Ms. SW.

Mr. Ring of Bazooka Barfing Fire

3:03 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

What I want to know is:

1) Why was your boss paying that much attention to your ass?

2) What were you wearing that allowed her to make such an observation in the first place?

5:33 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

1) It's the office's Best Ass. How could she not pay attention?

2) Wouldn't you like to know.

LMAO

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home