Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's an epidemic

You may recall that Nutjob fried a new computer with her frequent visits to Hawaiian websites and constant downloading of incredibly important things like cute cursors, clip art, and adorable screensavers. Her computer needed to be rebuilt- twice. Well, it looks like the virus has spread to JerseyGirl. Her computer was so loaded with spyware and viruses that it also needed a little bit more help than I could give it. RegionalITGuy came in yesterday to take a look at it. (When I saw him sitting at her desk, I told him that if he was going to sit there, he had to have at least 2 IM conversations going). It turned out that it needed to be rebuilt, but was usable until then, so he scheduled another day to come out and take care of it. I left at 5pm and he was still fiddling around with it, and when I came in this morning I had these two emails from him.

To: SW
From: RegionalITGuy
Time: 7:55 p.m.

I hate JerseyGirl's PC.

--------------------------

Sent from my Wireless Handheld



To: SW
From: RegionalITGuy
Time: 9:02 p.m.
Subject: JerseyGirl's is up again

What a pain in the .......

There might be some small things that need doing, IM, more printers, IM, Adobe writer, IM, etc.

PC popped and I had to do a major repair.

If she had local files, they will probably be under C:(blah blah blah)/my documents. I put her personal folder back.

Let me know if there are any problems.

--------------------------

Sent from my Wireless Handheld


Needless to say, I uninstalled IM from my computer this morning. This will last all of about three days before I say "oh screw it, the whole office has it" and reinstall it. Of course, the bigger problem is probably the lovely trail I'm leaving in my hard drive, visiting this damn site as much as I do.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to your history folder, delete delete delete.

And if they catch you, deny deny deny!

Mr. Ring of Fire (who burns all relevant documents to his internet activities)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayup, and make sure your IM doesn't log anything at all. Delete your cookies often, etc, etc...

oh yeah, and let me win next week in hockey! :D

-Sharksfan!

8:35 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

I already have my IM set to not save anything... but doesn't your computer save stuff in sneaky places other than temp files and history?

Oh yeah, and YEAH RIGHT!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home