Wednesday, November 09, 2005

That damn flu shot

Wow, there must be some powerful stuff in that shot. Nutjob came in today, but just asked if she could leave because she's still "under the weather". She said she did all her work for her guys, so everything's taken care of. She must have been planning this, because the minute I told her it was ok she picked up her purse and left. Her computer must already have been shut off.

Now... I'm sure I could have told her to stay, she didn't seem that sick. But then we'd see a performance worthy of an Academy Award, complete with slumping in the chair, grabbing onto walls as if she would fall, and constant complaining about how sick she is, but "we" wouldn't let her go home. And all the guys would come to me and tell me to let her go. But honestly, it's not really my responsibility, technically it's my boss's. And she gives the word "lax" new meaning when it comes to paid time off. I suppose it's to foster good morale. I think it just fosters laziness, but that's just my icy nordic efficiency talking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you guys hiring? No, really.

ChinaGirl (who's really tired of the sweatshop)

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have kept her at work. She really is starting to piss me off.



...and I'M out sick! :(


grrrrr


Mr. Ring of Fire

12:03 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Please don't get too pissed off, Mr. ROF. Whole cities have a tendency to get buried in superheated ash when that happens.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home