Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Another Oscar-winning performance

I knew something was up when Nutjob arrived with not only washed but styled hair, and makeup. When she said "good morning" to me she sounded awful. I said as much.

Nutjob: Oh yeah... I'm not feeling so good. I don't know long I'll last today.

She went up front to answer phones. Jane came rushing over to tell me that it was obvious that she was setting up for an early day, because her hair was done. No shit, Sherlock. I played into it.

Me: Yeah, but she doesn't sound so good.

Jane: Yeah well she was faking yesterday too. [Jane stalks away]

No, really? You think she might be faking? Nah, I don't think so. Not when she has tomorrow and Friday as vacation days....

PS- The "alive" gift from my boss was neither alive furry nor alive leafy. It was alive amphibious. Yes, a frog. Thankfully, she decided after learning about what kind of care it would need, that it was too much work to give as a gift. Hi here's your gift! Now you can keep your eye on it all the time in your freezing cold house to make sure the water's warm enough, keep it in a place the cats can't get to it, and oh yeah, feed it crickets. Merry Christmas! Good call on that one, BossLady. I love frogs, but not that much.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sure, you'll wear one around your neck, but feed it crickets? noOoOoOoOoOoOo! Spoilsport.


Mr. Ring of Fire

10:17 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Been there, done that, it was really gross. The frogs were cute as hell, but the crickets (particularly the carcasses of ones that didn't get eaten) were nauseating.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that was so cute of her to think of that though! :)

-SharksFan

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home