Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm back... and so is the Dreidl of Death

I did end up hearing from my boss twice more during the week, but didn't feel like posting about it. Now I'm back, and I see the Dreidl of Death has once again assumed it's rightful place over Nutjob's head. It just wasn't Christmukkah last year without it.

Naturally, I returned to find my desk fairly buried under piles of paperwork and files, but to my utter surprise, I also found a huge box, with the Wine Country Gift Basket logo on the side. I figured one of the clients had sent it to the office and it ended up on my desk. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found a note from CheapSkate and another broker in our other office, thanking me for all my hard work. Imagine my further suprise when I found that it was a huge basket, loaded with nothing but chocolate. Lots of chocolate. Tons of chocolate! Allow me to gloat for a moment. Here is what it contains:

Liberal helpings of Ghirardelli mint chocolate, milk chocolate with caramel squares and bar, milk chocolate drops, dark chocolate with mint, milk chocolate with almonds Ghirardelli squares and bar, double chocolate hot cocoa, chocolate mint and chocolate raspberry Ghirardelli coffee, milk and white chocolate truffles, milk chocolate squares, milk chocolate bar and more fill this large burgundy basket. Two candy dishes are included to serve all of these rich chocolate treasures.

Serve these rich chocolate treasures? Are you insane? Oh no... they will be safely transported to my house, where they will be summarily devoured. Mmmmmmmm.... chocoloate.....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So place your bets, did CheapSkate find them

a) in the bus station
b) in the "Give to Kids" bin
c) in the supermarket where he replaced the $39.95 pricetag with a $2.49 pricetag w/coupon

Place your bets, place your bets!

Mr. Ring of Fire

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the worst part about this whole scenario is I dont eat chochlate. or know how to spell it :)

SH

ps no craig im not going to reply to your post.

6:43 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

I've tested the dark chocolate squares with mint filling. Yummy.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

I think instead of Drediel of Death, it would be Dreidel of Damoclese. This way you can be all pretentious with your mockery. Plus you can refer to it as such to her face and she won't get it. When she asks, make something up, and make sure to use multi-syllabic words to confuse her even further.

PS: Silent Husband, you disappoint me.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holycrap lady, that's AWESOME! So glad you got shown some appreciation.

And what's wrong with SilentHusband that he doesn't eat chocolate?!?

-SharksFan

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holycrap lady, that's AWESOME! So glad you got shown some appreciation.

And what's wrong with SilentHusband that he doesn't eat chocolate?!?

-SharksFan

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home