Monday, December 05, 2005

My umbillical attachment

Hi! Yes, it's Monday, and yes, I'm off this week. Why am I posting? Because it's 1:23 p.m. and I just got off the phone with my boss. So, I'm going to keep a running tally of phone calls. I'll come back and edit this post each time I get a call. I'm not surprised in the least that she called, but I am a little surprised that it was today. Normally she tries to go at least one day before she calls me. So, here's the list so far:

12/5/05 1:02 p.m.

My boss called and asked me what I was doing on the computer. I thought that was rather odd, since I'm not signed into Messenger and she doesn't even have it. I asked her how she knew I was on the computer. "Because you sent an email to Mr Corporate Accountant telling him we're expecting a wire. [pause] OH! That's from Friday! Nevermind!"

She went on to tell me about something she was working on for a broker and her phone rang and she put me on hold. For a good five minutes. When she came back she was all flustered, because he'd asked her to make a change in the system that she didn't know how to make. How convenient, I'm already on the phone. I walked her through it, and while she was waiting for it to post she asked if I was getting a lot done. I nearly blurted "I was" but bit my tongue. It's going to be a fun week.

12/5/05 2:24 p.m.

My Boss: FormerBroker called and wants to know why he's $5,000 short on the settlement money for that lawsuit.

Me: I sent him a check on Thursday.

My Boss: Oh! Great, I'll just email him that then. Do you know... I might not get a car!...

and on to a conversation about finance rates. I'm not answering the phone any more today.

12/5/05 4:12 p.m.

I know, I said I wasn't going to answer the phone.... but I thought it might be SilentHusband. Yeah, gotta start making use of the answering machine and screening calls. She wanted to know if we could put a broker's cell phone number on a sign. How the hell do I know? We've never done it before, isn't that the type of thing you should be deciding? Argh....

12/6/05 1:45 p.m.

I did really well. All morning I let the machine get the phone but after 3 times of it actually being a call I wanted to take and having to wait for the machine to stop playing and turn it off while trying to talk to the person, this last time the phone rang I just snatched it up. Of course, you know who it was. I'm not even going to bother explaining what she was asking about. And I already know she's going to call me tomorrow, because a check came in for a screwed-up deal. She swears this only happens when I'm away. What she doesn't realize is that it happens when I'm there, she just doesn't know about it because I do it.

Ok, off to get some coffee and head up to ChinaGirl's house to watch some hot Russian construction workers- I mean, hang out and chat.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long can people expect you to hold. I've often been curious about this. Where is the sociallly acceptable moment in time where you can go, "Enough of this. [click]"

Anybody? Anybody? Frye?


Mr. Ring of Fire

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're ON VACATION. Stop answering the phone. Hell, if you're going to let her trouble you, tell her you'll check your email ONCE a day, and TRY to get to it at some point in time the following day.


Mr. Ring of Fire

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its called "Screening Your Telephone Calls!"

enough said.

SH

4:41 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

IT'S NEVER ENOUGH SAID, DAMMIT!! THIS IS A BLOG AND BLOGS REQUIRE WORDS AND WORDS MAKE THINGS ABLE TO BE SAID!!! IT'S ALL LOGIC, SILENT HUSBAND, CAN'T YOU SEE!?!?!? SIGHT REQUIRES EYES AND EYES ARE LIKE I'S ONLY WITH DIFFERENT CONSONANTS AND VOWELS! A BLIND MAN COULD TELL YOU THAT! BECAUSE HE USES WORDS!! WORDS WORDS WORDS!!!!!!!

PANIC IN DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Um. Settle down, Beavis.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I tried to get him to settle down for five years.

I'll admit playing Halo didn't really help though.


Mr. Ring of Fire

9:53 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

YOU CAN'T TELL JAMES BROWN TO SETTLE DOWN!!!!!


Get up, (get on up)
Get up, (get on up)
Get up, (get on up)

Hah!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Get up, stand up, don't give up the fire.. uh.. I mean fight.


Mr. Ring of Fire

12:42 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Stand in the place where you live
Now face north
Think about direction
Wonder why you haven’t
Now stand in the place where you work
Now face west
Think about the place where you live
Wonder why you haven’t before

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home