Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pele Speaks

Any time you hear the words "incredible fire hose display" referring to a volcano, you just have to pay attention. I wonder how Nutjob will take to hearing that her beloved Hawaii just lost 44 acres of coastline.

More photos here. (My personal favorites are from 18-20 November, the "skylights" in the lava tubes. Wow. Just wow.)

Too bad I won't be in the office on Monday to see if she's even heard about it, since I'm on vacation!!!

PS- This post made possible by Mr Ever Vigilant Seismically Aware Ring of Magmatic Fire. Thanks also go to SharksFan, for pointing me in the direction of the fantastic pictures at USGS. The author would also like to thank Yutte Hermsgervordenbrotborda, without whom the moose training would have been impossible.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem - a little credit to Mr. Ring of Fire please for sending up a plume to get your attention about the latest activity in Hawaii, please.

Mr. Ring of Fire :P

3:20 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

Post has been amended to express my gratitude to Mr ROF (so please don't burn my house down, thank you)

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. Your house is safe... for now.


Mr. Ring of Fire

11:07 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

You know, my sister was bitten by a moose....

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home