Friday, December 02, 2005

Totally not work related, but still damn funny

Let me preface this by saying I love my husband. We do things very differently sometimes, and I have to remember that just because he does something differently than the way I would do it, that doesn't make it wrong. However, that doesn't mean it has no entertainment value.

I arrived at work to see that I had a voicemail. Figuring JerseyGirl couldn't be calling out sick because she already had the day off, I wondered who had come down with a mysterious Friday Ailment. No one, as it turned out. It was a message from SilentHusband, telling me he was at the mechanic's because of a very minor problem (so stressed because the last time he left me a message simply telling me he had bad news, I flipped out on him and said never to leave a message like that again, since I am Queen of the Worst Case Scenario). I called him back to find out what this "very minor problem" was.

Me: What's up?

SilentHusband: Well... on my way in to work, I ran over a box.

Me: You ran over a box?

SilentHusband: Yeah.

Me: Okayyy.....

SilentHusband: And then I drove over a bunch of potholes trying to dislodge it-

Me: You did what?!

SilentHusband: I was trying to dislodge it. So I did dislodge it. And also some kind of metal plate off the bottom of my car.

Me: Wait. Didn't you pull over?

SilentHusband: Well yeah, to pick up the plate.

Me: But before that, didn't you [the "we do things differently light" in my brain started flashing] - nevermind. Ok, well how much is it going to cost?

SilentHusband: Oh, it can't be much, it's just some metal plate.

Yeah. Some of those metal plates are pretty important. So we'll see.

PS- Thank you SilentHusband for being a trooper and saying it was ok for me to post this.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all my car expertise, I think I can say nearly for certain that what he knocked off is basically a safety panel under your car which is there to protect the undercarriage. I don't believe it should cost much, but then again, we're talking mechanics, who are the second leader in all businesses to send the most people to hell. (Lawyers of course are first.) Silent Husband - way to go. Does he also slide down the street on his stomach if he happens to drop food on his shirt?

Mr. Ring of Fire

9:28 AM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

You are indeed correct, Mr ROF, it was a shield to keep leaves from igniting, should he park on top of a pile of leaves.

And you'll have to take that back about my mechanic- he did it for free. (I think it's because he has a crush on me but that's a different issue....)

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Easy on the mechanics, bub!

SilentHusband, thanks for the morning laugh! ;)

ChinaGirl

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit this sounds like something that I would do. Except...I might not have even pulled over to retrieve the plate. :o)
wizardsheart

1:56 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

Did I ever tell you the story of my friends who, Freshman year, were driving 'round our alma mater's town. It was October and there were pile of leaves all along the road. And my friends, being young and carefree, decided wouldn't it be fun to plow on through those leaves? Those dry leaves.

So drive they did and shortly thereafter, having stopped howling with glee at the fun and mild chaos they caused, they suddenly noticed a strange smell . . . kinda like . . . smoke.

Well, I honeslty don't remember exactly what happened next, but the fire was extinguished and the car was not badly damaged.

I can only surmize the car in this particular tale never had this mysterious metal plate y'all are talking about.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home