Tuesday, January 17, 2006

R.I.P. SilentKitty

Hi-de-ho SilentReaders. I haven't had much to say lately, as I've not been in a very upbeat mood, and my co-workers aren't complying with their normal antics to distract me. Unfortunately, I had to put one of my cats to sleep last week. He was very old, very frail, and quite sick, so it was the best thing for him, but I still miss the little guy.

In office related news, Nutjob just got back from a week-long cruise and even though she got off the boat on Saturday claims she still has "sea legs". Never having been on a cruise in my life, I have no idea if this is another attention ploy or if that phenomenon does indeed last for days.

Jane has been sick with the flu for the last week, and has been coming in. She's hacking up all kinds of lovely-sounding things over on the other side of that cube wall. Some of them are rather juicy. If I end up with what she has I will be supremely peeved.

I didn't tell too many people in the office about SilentKitty, because a) it's none of their business and b) I didn't want to have to talk about it all week. I did tell Musketeer #3 though, because he and I always ask after each other's cats and share what silly antics they're up to. He expressed appropriate sympathy, and I actually didn't cry. (Imagine!). The next day, I seriously thought he might be the biggest dick on the planet.

Musketeer #3: How's your cat?

Me (stunned silence, staring at him)

Musketeer #3: The other one!!! How's he taking it?

Whew. OtherSilentKitty is ok, a little clingy, and will get a brother or sister at some point in the future but not for a while.

So that's the news, from Lake BlogCompany, where all the co-workers are imbiciles, all the brokers are cheating scumbags, and all the admins are good-looking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, I consider myself pretty funny and having a good ear for comedy, but I could never get into Prairie Home Companion. I'm always waiting for the joke or at least a better joke than the last one they told. I'm all for Americana, but it just never tickled my fancy.

And no, you don't still have sea legs two days after getting off a cruise. What you do have is one lonely woman who had sea legs the night after she left the cruise but had no one to tell, so she has to tell everyone now that she has them so she can feel special.


Mr. Ring of Fire

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OtherSilentKitty huh???

i think you could have come up with a better name than that!!!

SH

8:42 PM  
Blogger SilentWitness said...

How about "Stink-Butt"? :P

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Sorry to hear about SilentKitty.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home